BOSTON (AP) — Two people have been arrested for illegal gun possession in Massachusetts.
Police say 23-year-old Zachary Wilson and 19-year-old Darius Powell, both of Boston, were arrested Saturday night during a firearm investigation in the Dorchester neighborhood.
Officers in the Youth Violence Strike Force found a semi-automatic firearm with a large capacity feeding device and two revolvers in two vehicles.
Both men are charged with unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition, and will be arraigned in Dorchester District Court.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
Boston Police Commissioner William Evans says his office has ‘taken eight firearms off the street” in the past few days.
Attorneys for both men could not be immediately identified.