CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) — Two people have been arrested following a brawl involving two North Texas high school soccer teams that drew spectators from the sidelines and stands.
Carrollton police told The Dallas Morning News that a player was taken into custody along with an adult Friday and charged with assault.
The fight began toward the end of a game between Hebron and Lewisville when two players began arguing.
Video shows players wrestling to the ground and others piling on before a man rushes from the sideline and appears to strike a player in the face.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line
Both schools are in the Lewisville school district and district spokeswoman Amanda Brim told WFAA-TV that the behavior of players and fans was “clearly unacceptable.”