CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) — Two people have been arrested following a brawl involving two North Texas high school soccer teams that drew spectators from the sidelines and stands.
Carrollton police told The Dallas Morning News that a player was taken into custody along with an adult Friday and charged with assault.
The fight began toward the end of a game between Hebron and Lewisville when two players began arguing.
Video shows players wrestling to the ground and others piling on before a man rushes from the sideline and appears to strike a player in the face.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
Both schools are in the Lewisville school district and district spokeswoman Amanda Brim told WFAA-TV that the behavior of players and fans was “clearly unacceptable.”