BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop were arrested on suspicion of murder after a dead body was found in the stolen SUV they were driving.
A California Highway Patrol officer stopped the vehicle for speeding near Bakersfield Tuesday.
The officer discovered the SUV had been reported stolen out of Los Angeles County and then found a dead man inside.
KBAK-TV reports a 24-year-old man and a 39-year-old man could face charges including murder, conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The dead man was not immediately identified.
Information from: The Bakersfield Californian, http://www.bakersfield.com