BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop were arrested on suspicion of murder after a dead body was found in the stolen SUV they were driving.
A California Highway Patrol officer stopped the vehicle for speeding near Bakersfield Tuesday.
The officer discovered the SUV had been reported stolen out of Los Angeles County and then found a dead man inside.
KBAK-TV reports a 24-year-old man and a 39-year-old man could face charges including murder, conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
The dead man was not immediately identified.
Information from: The Bakersfield Californian, http://www.bakersfield.com