BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop were arrested on suspicion of murder after a dead body was found in the stolen SUV they were driving.
A California Highway Patrol officer stopped the vehicle for speeding near Bakersfield Tuesday.
The officer discovered the SUV had been reported stolen out of Los Angeles County and then found a dead man inside.
KBAK-TV reports a 24-year-old man and a 39-year-old man could face charges including murder, conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
The dead man was not immediately identified.
Information from: The Bakersfield Californian, http://www.bakersfield.com