BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men pulled over in a routine traffic stop were arrested on suspicion of murder after a dead body was found in the stolen SUV they were driving.
A California Highway Patrol officer stopped the vehicle for speeding near Bakersfield Tuesday.
The officer discovered the SUV had been reported stolen out of Los Angeles County and then found a dead man inside.
KBAK-TV reports a 24-year-old man and a 39-year-old man could face charges including murder, conspiracy and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
The dead man was not immediately identified.
Information from: The Bakersfield Californian, http://www.bakersfield.com