GREENVILLE, Texas (AP) — Police have arrested the mother and aunt of a weeks-old baby after the infant’s body was found at a North Texas gas station.
Hunt County jail records show 27-year-old Stephanie Leanne Flynn of Greenville was being held Tuesday on an evidence tampering charge in her daughter’s death. Bond was $50,000.
Greenville police Sgt. Adam Phillips says autopsy results are pending on the baby born in November and discovered dead on Monday. Investigators say the baby may have died at the mother’s home and the corpse was moved to the gas station.
The woman’s 20-year-old sister, Shawn Elise Flynn of Greenville, also faces a tampering charge and was released Tuesday on $50,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Phillips didn’t immediately provide the baby’s birth date.
Police had no information on attorneys representing the siblings.