OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — Two east Alabama firefighters have been seriously injured during a training exercise.
Police say two members of the Opelika Fire Department were hurt Thursday afternoon while training inside an abandoned home. Authorities haven’t released their names.
Police Capt. Bobby Kilgore says one firefighter suffered from smoke inhalation and the other suffered burns. Kilgore tells the Opelika-Auburn News the injuries are serious.
The Opelika Fire Department says one person was taken to UAB Hospital in Birmingham and the other went to a hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen