TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Pima County sheriff’s officials say two men are in custody following the carjacking of a woman’s vehicle with her 9-month-old child in the car.
They say deputies found the infant unharmed inside the vehicle Wednesday.
Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Fabian Garcia and 22-year-old Antonio Morales Jr. both face nine counts of aggravated assault and one count each of kidnapping, aggravated robbery, armed robbery and vehicle theft.
Garcia also is accused of unlawful flight from a law enforcement officer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Authorities say handguns were used to carjack the woman’s vehicle on a street near a Pima Community College campus in Tucson.
The men later fled from the vehicle and were arrested by deputies.
This story has been corrected to reflect that the carjacking occurred on a street, not on the college campus.