MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — A new mayor has taken office in New Hampshire’s largest city.
Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig, the first woman to hold the office, was sworn in on Tuesday.
In the November election, Craig, a Democrat, beat four-term Republican Mayor Ted Gatsas.
Democratic U.S. Sen. Maggie Hassan introduced Craig before her inauguration speech.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
Craig, a former alderman, says her priorities as mayor are to improve city schools, reduce crime and to address the opioid crisis. She also wants to establish a business development and economic growth council and look at opportunities for commuter rail.