MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — A new mayor has taken office in New Hampshire’s largest city.
Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig, the first woman to hold the office, was sworn in on Tuesday.
In the November election, Craig, a Democrat, beat four-term Republican Mayor Ted Gatsas.
Democratic U.S. Sen. Maggie Hassan introduced Craig before her inauguration speech.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Trump targets Biden after former VP's verbal slip
Craig, a former alderman, says her priorities as mayor are to improve city schools, reduce crime and to address the opioid crisis. She also wants to establish a business development and economic growth council and look at opportunities for commuter rail.