SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — Police say a northwestern Iowa teen accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend and another teen to death has told investigators he wanted the girl “to feel the pain he was feeling.”
Television station KTIV reports that 18-year-old Tran Walker, of Sioux City, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the early Sunday stabbing deaths of 17-year-old Paiten Sullivan and 18-year-old Felipe Negron Jr., also both of Sioux City. Walker remains jailed on $1 million bail.
Police say Walker was in a car with the other two when he began to stab Sullivan, his ex-girlfriend, because he was upset that she had broken up with him. Police say when Negron tried to intervene, Walker stabbed him, too. Both of the victims died.
Walker’s preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 8.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: KTIV-TV, http://www.ktiv.com