MIAMI (AP) — A 19-year-old suspected in the shooting death of a 7-year-old boy near Miami has surrendered to police.
Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Jennifer Capote said in a news release that investigators were interviewing Dravein Duke on Tuesday morning. Jail records show he was booked Tuesday afternoon on charges of second-degree murder and attempted murder.
Duke was wanted in connection with the Sunday shooting of Amiere Castro, who was visiting with family in southwest Miami-Dade County for the holidays.
Police say four men pulled up in a vehicle and shot at the home about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Driver Maxwel Trewin was arrested Monday and charged with second-degree murder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- 'I should have gotten the damn vaccine,' woman says fiancé texted before he died of COVID-19
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Two travelers submitted fake vaccination cards before flying to Toronto. Each was fined nearly $16,000.
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
On Monday, a 13-year-old boy was shot in the torso near Miami. He is expected to survive. Detectives don’t believe the cases are connected.