DEPOE BAY, Ore. (AP) — A 19-year-old man suffering from an unknown medical issue was rescued by helicopter just south of Depoe Bay.
The Register-Guard reports the Depoe Bay Fire District says low tide Tuesday allowed the man to be rescued from a reef in Big Whale Cover that is typically underwater.
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter made the rescue once firefighters had responded to the scene.
Firefighters stabilized the patient with help from ambulance personnel within 10 minutes of receiving the dispatch call at 3:52 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Trump targets Biden after former VP's verbal slip
The fire district says the man was taken to a local hospital for assessment.