DEPOE BAY, Ore. (AP) — A 19-year-old man suffering from an unknown medical issue was rescued by helicopter just south of Depoe Bay.
The Register-Guard reports the Depoe Bay Fire District says low tide Tuesday allowed the man to be rescued from a reef in Big Whale Cover that is typically underwater.
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter made the rescue once firefighters had responded to the scene.
Firefighters stabilized the patient with help from ambulance personnel within 10 minutes of receiving the dispatch call at 3:52 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
The fire district says the man was taken to a local hospital for assessment.