FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man charged with shooting and killing a man at point-blank range in retribution for a previous shooting has been arraigned on a murder charge.
The Herald News reports that 19-year-old Keishon Workman was held without bail Thursday in the shooting of 24-year-old Maurice Timberlake in Fall River on Wednesday. Workman reportedly told police he thinks Timberlake is the man who shot him in the leg two years ago and “became enraged” when he saw him.
Investigators say Timberlake was shot in the head, chest and shoulders seven times.
Workman was seen on surveillance video near the scene and was arrested shortly after the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
His attorney did not argue for bail.
Information from: The (Fall River, Mass.) Herald News, http://www.heraldnews.com