TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama teenager died when a car he was riding in struck a tree.
AL.com reports that the accident happened early Sunday in Colbert County.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said 18-year-old Travis McCord of Leighton was a passenger in a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer that ran off a road just west of Tuscumbia. The agency’s news release says the accident happened about 6:15 a.m. Sunday. McCord was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews