INDIANOLA, Iowa (AP) — Deputies in Warren County have charged an 18-year-old man in the shooting death of a Cambridge woman.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that Jacquarious Scoggins, of Des Moines, was originally taken into custody earlier this month as a material witness in the death of 25-year-old Mercedes Wathen. The Warren County Attorney’s Office said in a news release Saturday that Scoggins was arrested Friday and has been charged with first-degree murder in Wathen’s death.
Officers and medics were called to a home just south of Des Moines on April 2, where they found Wathen’s body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Information from: KCCI-TV, http://www.kcci.com