INDIANOLA, Iowa (AP) — Deputies in Warren County have charged an 18-year-old man in the shooting death of a Cambridge woman.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that Jacquarious Scoggins, of Des Moines, was originally taken into custody earlier this month as a material witness in the death of 25-year-old Mercedes Wathen. The Warren County Attorney’s Office said in a news release Saturday that Scoggins was arrested Friday and has been charged with first-degree murder in Wathen’s death.
Officers and medics were called to a home just south of Des Moines on April 2, where they found Wathen’s body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: KCCI-TV, http://www.kcci.com