CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A teen has been charged in an assault on a Greek Orthodox priest in North Carolina.
News outlets cite a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report that says Steve Dalber was punched and hit with a car in the parking lot of St. Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church on Friday night. The church said in an update on its website that the priest was looking for his cellphone at the time.
According to jail records, the 17-year-old male was booked early Saturday on charges of assault with a deadly weapon, felony hit-and-run and simple assault.
Authorities have not released a possible motive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
The church says Dalber sustained a broken arm and back injury, but does not require surgery at this time. He remained hospitalized as of Sunday.