PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Authorities in Peoria say a 16-year-old boy found dead in an alley was shot three times in the chest and most likely died instantly.
The (Peoria) Journal Star reports Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood identified the boy as Travon N. Harris of Peoria after a Monday autopsy. Peoria police spokeswoman Amy Dotson says officers found Travon on Sunday afternoon after responding to reports of shots fired. He was pronounced dead at the scene just before 4 p.m. Sunday.
Another 16-year-old boy also was shot. He was found nearby and taken to a hospital but police say his injuries aren’t life-threatening.
Peoria police said no information was immediately available about a suspect or suspects in the shooting. They are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: Journal Star, http://pjstar.com