JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi’s capital city say a 16-year-old boy has been killed after being shot in the face.
Jackson police say officers responded to a home on Lindsey Drive shortly before 5:30 p.m. Friday.
They found that Cameron Kelly had been killed by a gunshot wound to the right eye.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that a 19-year-old man was taken into custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One scandal too many: British PM Boris Johnson resigns
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
Police say their investigation was ongoing.
The Jackson newspaper reports that Kelly’s death marks the 60th homicide in the city this year.
Information from: The Clarion-Ledger, http://www.clarionledger.com