LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County authorities say a 15-year-old girl shot while hanging out with friends in the front yard of a home has died.
Sheriff’s officials say a gunman walked up to the group on the lawn and fired several shots Saturday night near Covina.
Arriving deputies found the girl suffering at least one gunshot wound. The victim was hospitalized in grave condition.
Deputy Charles Moore tells City News Service the girl died Sunday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- Biden expected to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit on first day
- Fauci says federal approval of Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines is ‘weeks away’
Detectives haven’t identified a possible suspect or determined if the girl was targeted.