MOSCOW (AP) — Russian authorities say 15 people have been hurt in a knife incident at a school in the Ural mountains city of Perm.
The local department of the Investigative Committee, a Russian law enforcement agency, says the incident started with a knife fight between two students and that teachers and other students were hurt when they tried to break it up.
The Investigative Committee says it is treating the incident as attempted murder of two or more people.
Of the 15 who were hurt, 12 have been hospitalized, the city health department says.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
The regional health ministry adds that a female teacher and two students aged around 15 have been seriously wounded and are in surgery. Nine children received what the department calls “superficial injuries.”