FIRTH, Neb. (AP) — Officials in southeastern Nebraska say a 13-year-old girl has died a day after a car she was in was involved in a five-car pileup.
The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office says Ryan Post, a student at Norris School near Firth, died Thursday afternoon. Investigators say the girl was a right rear passenger and was wearing her seat belt at the time of Wednesday afternoon crash near the school.
Officials say the chain-reaction crash happened when traffic slowed for an earlier crash on the road. Post’s car was hit by a large pickup truck.
Investigators say three of the drivers were Norris students and the other two were adults who had picked up children from Norris School. Fourteen of the 16 people involved were students from the school district.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts