DALLAS (AP) — Police have arrested a 13-year-old girl who is accused of posting a threat to shoot up her Dallas middle school on Instagram.
Dallas Independent School District police say they believe the girl posted the photo of a man with a gun to attract more followers. Investigators say the photo caption warned that everybody at T.W. Browne Middle School was going to die and that eighth graders would be targeted at a specific time.
The teen told police that she found the photo online.
Police say the girl, whose name hasn’t been released, faces a juvenile charge of making a terrorist threat. Conviction carries penalties of up to 10 years in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Chaotic first debate: Taunts overpower Trump, Biden visions WATCH
- Tax records reveal how ‘Apprentice’ fame gave Trump a $427 million lifeline
- 4 take-aways from the first 2020 presidential debate VIEW
- Record temperatures lure 'heat tourists' to Death Valley National Park
School officials were informed of the photo Monday night. Patrols were increased Tuesday.