MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee police say they have arrested a 13-year-old boy in connection to the shooting death of another boy of the same age.
According to police, the suspect was taken into custody Thursday. Police say 13-year-old Giovonnie Cameron was fatally shot around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday inside a Milwaukee home near Lincoln Park.
The Milwaukee Police Department says it will present the case to prosecutors for charges in the coming days.
More than 80 people have died as a result of gun violence in Milwaukee in 2015, more than double the number of gun deaths at the same time last year. Last week, 14-year-old Tariq Akbar was shot and killed after a fireworks display ended on the city’s lakefront. A 15-year-old boy has been charged as an adult in Akbar’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Couple finds their luggage is overweight because of stowaway dog
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- When a fisherman pulled in his line, he knew he had 'something weird': A 40-pound alligator gar
- One of the world's toughest COVID quarantine regimes is finally ending