MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee police say they have arrested a 13-year-old boy in connection to the shooting death of another boy of the same age.
According to police, the suspect was taken into custody Thursday. Police say 13-year-old Giovonnie Cameron was fatally shot around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday inside a Milwaukee home near Lincoln Park.
The Milwaukee Police Department says it will present the case to prosecutors for charges in the coming days.
More than 80 people have died as a result of gun violence in Milwaukee in 2015, more than double the number of gun deaths at the same time last year. Last week, 14-year-old Tariq Akbar was shot and killed after a fireworks display ended on the city’s lakefront. A 15-year-old boy has been charged as an adult in Akbar’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. warns against travel to 80% of world due to coronavirus
- The 12 jurors deliberating in the trial of Derek Chauvin
- A 73-year-old with dementia took $14 of items from Walmart. Police broke her arm in a violent arrest.
- White House offers new tax credit to help spur vaccinations
- The pandemic gave parents the chance to work from home. Now some don't want to give it up.