SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A rescue flight has landed in Oregon carrying 125 pets that were living at high-kill shelters in Oklahoma.
The Statesman Journal reported Monday that the flight was the 16th flight by an organization called Fetch Fido a Flight, which flies animals from those shelters in Oklahoma to Oregon no-kill shelters.
These 108 dogs and 17 cats arrived in Salem over the weekend and will be housed at SafeHaven Humane Society south of Albany.
They will soon be up for adoption.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Leave the US, Trump tells liberal congresswomen of color
- Trump digs in on racist tweets: 'Many people agree with me' VIEW
- Watch Coast Guardsman leap onto moving submarine that was carrying more than 17,000 pounds of cocaine in Pacific
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
Information from: Statesman Journal, http://www.statesmanjournal.com