SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A rescue flight has landed in Oregon carrying 125 pets that were living at high-kill shelters in Oklahoma.
The Statesman Journal reported Monday that the flight was the 16th flight by an organization called Fetch Fido a Flight, which flies animals from those shelters in Oklahoma to Oregon no-kill shelters.
These 108 dogs and 17 cats arrived in Salem over the weekend and will be housed at SafeHaven Humane Society south of Albany.
They will soon be up for adoption.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Information from: Statesman Journal, http://www.statesmanjournal.com