DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 12-year-old Florida boy is recovering after he was accidentally shot in the mouth.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting happened at a Daytona Beach home on Saturday where Amarion McDuffie was accidentally shot by a 12-year-old friend. . Amarion McDuffie was standing outside the residence when deputies arrived. He was airlifted to a children’s hospital but his injures are not considered life-threatening.
Authorities say the gun belonged to the mother of boy who shot McDuffie. She was not home at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are investigating to determine whether charges will be filed. Child welfare officials are also investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH