DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 12-year-old Florida boy is recovering after he was accidentally shot in the mouth.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting happened at a Daytona Beach home on Saturday where Amarion McDuffie was accidentally shot by a 12-year-old friend. . Amarion McDuffie was standing outside the residence when deputies arrived. He was airlifted to a children’s hospital but his injures are not considered life-threatening.
Authorities say the gun belonged to the mother of boy who shot McDuffie. She was not home at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are investigating to determine whether charges will be filed. Child welfare officials are also investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW