CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago authorities say 12 people, including two teenagers, face charges after a gun went off at a hotel room in the city.
No one was injured. Police found a bullet lodged in the wall.
Police seized three handguns around 4:30 a.m. from the hotel. The 12 suspects were taken into custody.
One 24-year-old woman was charged with reckless conduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. She allegedly rented the hotel to host a party with other guests who didn’t have permission to be on hotel’s premises.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
The 11 others were charged with criminal trespass. Two were juveniles, ages 16 and 17.
The adults are due to appear in court Feb. 20.