SOMERSET, Mass. — A Massachusetts girl who choked on a marshmallow at a birthday party has died.
Police and a school official say that 11-year-old Azriel Estabrooks died at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence on Friday morning. The Somerset girl had been there since she was found unconscious at a friend’s birthday party on Saturday.
Her mother, Iris Estabrooks, has said that about an hour after she dropped her daughter off, she got a call from the hosts saying Azriel had passed out.
She says no one realized she was choking and that she was found passed out on the floor. When rescuers arrived, they found a marshmallow lodged in the girl’s throat.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Police have not identified the hosts.