MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Fire officials say a 104-year-old woman has died in a house fire in Tennessee.
The Memphis Fire Department said the woman was found unresponsive in the kitchen of a home that caught fire Friday. She died at the scene.
Investigators determined that the one-story, wood-frame home had a working smoke alarm. Officials said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the kitchen wall area of the Memphis home.
The woman’s name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again