LAS VEGAS (AP) — Organizers say about 10,000 people registered to vote via text at the Women’s March rally in Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that the rally on Sunday launched a national registration movement in which officials hope to sign up 1 million new voters.
Organizers say about 20,000 people attended the Las Vegas event, meaning half of the participants registered to vote.
The national movement is using a social media phrase dubbed #PowerToThePolls.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
The Women’s March group is also looking to expand its efforts by paying swing-state artists to create work that encourages politician activism.
Information from: Las Vegas Sun, http://www.lasvegassun.com