LAS VEGAS (AP) — Organizers say about 10,000 people registered to vote via text at the Women’s March rally in Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that the rally on Sunday launched a national registration movement in which officials hope to sign up 1 million new voters.
Organizers say about 20,000 people attended the Las Vegas event, meaning half of the participants registered to vote.
The national movement is using a social media phrase dubbed #PowerToThePolls.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
The Women’s March group is also looking to expand its efforts by paying swing-state artists to create work that encourages politician activism.
Information from: Las Vegas Sun, http://www.lasvegassun.com