LAS VEGAS (AP) — Organizers say about 10,000 people registered to vote via text at the Women’s March rally in Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that the rally on Sunday launched a national registration movement in which officials hope to sign up 1 million new voters.
Organizers say about 20,000 people attended the Las Vegas event, meaning half of the participants registered to vote.
The national movement is using a social media phrase dubbed #PowerToThePolls.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
The Women’s March group is also looking to expand its efforts by paying swing-state artists to create work that encourages politician activism.
Information from: Las Vegas Sun, http://www.lasvegassun.com