DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A 10-year-old girl was shot and wounded while she was asleep in her bed outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police Lt. Lonzy Robertson tells The Atlanta Journal-Constriction the shooter fired several rounds into an apartment building Wednesday night before fleeing the scene. He says one bullet crashed through a window and struck the child. The girl is in stable condition with minor injuries.
The police lieutenant says the motive behind the attack is unknown and the investigation is ongoing. The shooter wasn’t identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com