DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A 10-year-old girl was shot and wounded while she was asleep in her bed outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police Lt. Lonzy Robertson tells The Atlanta Journal-Constriction the shooter fired several rounds into an apartment building Wednesday night before fleeing the scene. He says one bullet crashed through a window and struck the child. The girl is in stable condition with minor injuries.
The police lieutenant says the motive behind the attack is unknown and the investigation is ongoing. The shooter wasn’t identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com