DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A 10-year-old girl was shot and wounded while she was asleep in her bed outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police Lt. Lonzy Robertson tells The Atlanta Journal-Constriction the shooter fired several rounds into an apartment building Wednesday night before fleeing the scene. He says one bullet crashed through a window and struck the child. The girl is in stable condition with minor injuries.
The police lieutenant says the motive behind the attack is unknown and the investigation is ongoing. The shooter wasn’t identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com