DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — A 10-year-old girl was shot and wounded while she was asleep in her bed outside Atlanta.
DeKalb County police Lt. Lonzy Robertson tells The Atlanta Journal-Constriction the shooter fired several rounds into an apartment building Wednesday night before fleeing the scene. He says one bullet crashed through a window and struck the child. The girl is in stable condition with minor injuries.
The police lieutenant says the motive behind the attack is unknown and the investigation is ongoing. The shooter wasn’t identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com