JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a shark bit a 10-year-old girl on her leg near the south end of Jacksonville Beach.
The Jacksonville Beach Police Department says that the girl was bitten below her knee Wednesday afternoon and that her injuries were not life-threatening.
The girl was in about two feet of water, and the shark was estimated to be about three feet long.
It was the second shark bite this summer at Jacksonville Beach. The first was June 26 when a woman was bit while swimming.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- EXPLAINER: What's next after House impeachment vote
- Trump opens habitat of northern spotted owl to timber harvesting
On July 19, authorities sounded a warning when a helicopter spotted two large sharks near the beach.