GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Ten people were taken to the hospital after fire broke out at an apartment complex in Green Bay.
WLUK-TV reports most of the 10 suffered smoke inhalation in the fire that started shortly before 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Assistant Fire Chief Rob Goplin says there were working smoke detectors in the building and that they likely saved some lives.
The seven-unit building has extensive damage throughout the structure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com