SECAUCUS, N.J. (AP) — Ten French teenagers are accused of burglarizing 12 vehicles while on vacation in New Jersey.
The teens, who range in age from 13 to 17, were arrested in Secaucus early Saturday and were scheduled for court appearances Monday.
Police Capt. Dennis Miller told The Jersey Journal (http://bit.ly/2ustKud ) the teens were staying with adult guardians at a motel. Miller says several vehicles were broken into early Friday and an officer on patrol Saturday saw a large group of juveniles walking between cars with flashlights. Miller says some matched the description from surveillance footage taken the night before.
The 10 are charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary. Three also are charged with theft and one is charged with receiving stolen property.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- University defends Justice Thomas' teaching position amid calls for removal
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Jersey Journal , http://www.nj.com/jjournal