TANNERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — One person has died in a multi-vehicle accident that backed up traffic for hours in Pennsylvania.
The Monroe County Control Center says the crash was reported around 5 a.m. Sunday on Interstate-80 near Tannersville. The crash involved a tractor-trailer and other vehicles.
Authorities say five others were transported to a local hospital. The crash shut down the eastbound section of the highway for five hours.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending family notification.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.