TANNERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — One person has died in a multi-vehicle accident that backed up traffic for hours in Pennsylvania.
The Monroe County Control Center says the crash was reported around 5 a.m. Sunday on Interstate-80 near Tannersville. The crash involved a tractor-trailer and other vehicles.
Authorities say five others were transported to a local hospital. The crash shut down the eastbound section of the highway for five hours.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending family notification.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.