WEST POINT, Neb. (AP) — One of four people charged in the slaying of a northeast Nebraska man has taken a plea deal.
Court records say 42-year-old Becky Weitzenkamp, of Oakland, pleaded guilty to an accessory count after prosecutors dropped an arson charge. Her sentencing is set for June 5.
The records say 49-year-old Jody Olson and his 28-year-old son, Derek, have pleaded not guilty to murder, arson and other charges stemming from the death of 64-year-old Ernest Warnock. His body was found March 11 in the burned rubble of his Rosalie home. He’d been fatally stabbed. Jody Olson’s trial is set to begin July 16. His son’s is scheduled to begin Sept. 17.
The records also say 31-year-old Jenna Merrill has pleaded not guilty to being an accessory. Her trial is set to begin May 8.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks