WEST POINT, Neb. (AP) — One of four people charged in the slaying of a northeast Nebraska man has taken a plea deal.
Court records say 42-year-old Becky Weitzenkamp, of Oakland, pleaded guilty to an accessory count after prosecutors dropped an arson charge. Her sentencing is set for June 5.
The records say 49-year-old Jody Olson and his 28-year-old son, Derek, have pleaded not guilty to murder, arson and other charges stemming from the death of 64-year-old Ernest Warnock. His body was found March 11 in the burned rubble of his Rosalie home. He’d been fatally stabbed. Jody Olson’s trial is set to begin July 16. His son’s is scheduled to begin Sept. 17.
The records also say 31-year-old Jenna Merrill has pleaded not guilty to being an accessory. Her trial is set to begin May 8.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says