LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — One of two suspects has pleaded not guilty in the slaying of a Lincoln man.
Lancaster County District Court records show 36-year-old Dominic Aguirre entered the written plea Monday. A trial date hasn’t been set.
Aguirre and 35-year-old Paul Clark have been charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping and related charges in the killing of 35-year-old Phillip Madlock on June 28. Investigators say he was killed over a drug debt. Madlock’s brother had reported him missing July 10.
A hearing is scheduled Wednesday in Clark’s case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
- ID theft, fraud, prison: The wild life of a bishop robbed at the pulpit