HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. (AP) — A coroner has identified one of the two victims of a northern Illinois house fire.
Lake County Coroner Howard Cooper said Friday that a female victim of the fire has been identified as 77-year-old Elaine Gassick of Highland Park.
He says a male victim hasn’t been identified yet. The causes of death for both victims also remain pending.
Firefighters discovered the bodies after extinguishing the fire Wednesday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Texas church criticized for its take on ‘Hamilton’
Officials say it appears the fire started in the home’s kitchen but the cause has not been determined yet.