LOWELL, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities have identified the man killed in an early morning double shooting in Lowell.
Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan and Lowell Police Superintendent William Taylor confirmed Saturday that 24-year-old Anthony Luna of Lowell died after being taken to Lowell General Hospital. Luna was involved in a shooting that took place at approximately 4:30 a.m. Saturday at a city intersection.
A second, unidentified man was taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated and later released.
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, the Lowell Police Department and the Massachusetts State Police are investigating the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn