NEW YORK (AP) — Police say one man has been killed and two other people wounded when gunshots were fired into the car they were in.
The New York Police Department says the three people were in a vehicle around 5:20 a.m. Sunday on a Queens roadway when the shots were fired into the car.
Authorities say they kept driving, somehow ending up at a police precinct in Brooklyn, where they were all taken to the hospital.
A 51-year-old man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the hospital. His name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
A 50-year-old woman had a shot to the shoulder and a 50-year-old man was shot in the neck. They were in stable condition.
The circumstances of the shooting were being investigated. No arrests have been made.