NEW YORK (AP) — Police say one man has been killed and two other people wounded when gunshots were fired into the car they were in.
The New York Police Department says the three people were in a vehicle around 5:20 a.m. Sunday on a Queens roadway when the shots were fired into the car.
Authorities say they kept driving, somehow ending up at a police precinct in Brooklyn, where they were all taken to the hospital.
A 51-year-old man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the hospital. His name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
A 50-year-old woman had a shot to the shoulder and a 50-year-old man was shot in the neck. They were in stable condition.
The circumstances of the shooting were being investigated. No arrests have been made.