GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say one person is dead and two injured after two men fired shots inside two different North Carolina gas stations.
Gastonia Police said the shootings Saturday night were about 90 minutes apart.
Police say a clerk at the Gray Franklin Express was shot several times, then two people inside the Zula Express store about a mile (1.6 kilometers) away in Gastonia were shot around 11:15 p.m.
Authorities say one person inside the Zula Express died. The names of the person killed and the two hurt have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At-home COVID-19 tests: What to know about expiration dates, new variants
- Lawmaker proposes sending WA families a gas tax refund check
- Iran’s president threatens U.S. officials from the U.N. podium, dimming hopes for a rapprochement
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A surfer wanted to catch waves from Hurricane Lee. A shark bit his face
Police say 21-year-old Alonte Cousar and 27-year-old Andre Isaac were arrested and charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder. It wasn’t known if they had lawyers.