GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) — One man has been killed and another man has been hurt when someone fired into a car in South Carolina.
Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said in a news release that sheriff’s deputies were called around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday.
Fowler said deputies found 33-year-old Matthew Littlejohn of Boiling Springs dead in his car from a gunshot wound.
Sheriff Steve Mueller said Littlejohn was driving the car. The passenger was also shot and told deputies that someone followed them from a gas station on state Highway 18 and fired into the car several times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
Littlejohn pulled into an industrial park and the witness said the suspect left the area.
The passenger’s name and condition have not been released.
An autopsy on Littlejohn’s body is planned Wednesday.
No arrests have been made.