GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) — One man has been killed and another man has been hurt when someone fired into a car in South Carolina.
Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said in a news release that sheriff’s deputies were called around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday.
Fowler said deputies found 33-year-old Matthew Littlejohn of Boiling Springs dead in his car from a gunshot wound.
Sheriff Steve Mueller said Littlejohn was driving the car. The passenger was also shot and told deputies that someone followed them from a gas station on state Highway 18 and fired into the car several times.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
Littlejohn pulled into an industrial park and the witness said the suspect left the area.
The passenger’s name and condition have not been released.
An autopsy on Littlejohn’s body is planned Wednesday.
No arrests have been made.