GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) — One man has been killed and another man has been hurt when someone fired into a car in South Carolina.
Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said in a news release that sheriff’s deputies were called around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday.
Fowler said deputies found 33-year-old Matthew Littlejohn of Boiling Springs dead in his car from a gunshot wound.
Sheriff Steve Mueller said Littlejohn was driving the car. The passenger was also shot and told deputies that someone followed them from a gas station on state Highway 18 and fired into the car several times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Littlejohn pulled into an industrial park and the witness said the suspect left the area.
The passenger’s name and condition have not been released.
An autopsy on Littlejohn’s body is planned Wednesday.
No arrests have been made.