GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) — One man has been killed and another man has been hurt when someone fired into a car in South Carolina.
Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said in a news release that sheriff’s deputies were called around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday.
Fowler said deputies found 33-year-old Matthew Littlejohn of Boiling Springs dead in his car from a gunshot wound.
Sheriff Steve Mueller said Littlejohn was driving the car. The passenger was also shot and told deputies that someone followed them from a gas station on state Highway 18 and fired into the car several times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
Littlejohn pulled into an industrial park and the witness said the suspect left the area.
The passenger’s name and condition have not been released.
An autopsy on Littlejohn’s body is planned Wednesday.
No arrests have been made.