IRONWOOD, Mich. (AP) — One person has died in a fire in downtown Ironwood in the Upper Peninsula.
Authorities say two buildings were badly damaged or destroyed early Wednesday, including one with apartments on two floors. Ironwood schools were closed due to poor air quality.
The cause was being investigated. The fire was next to the Chief Oil Co. building.
Ironwood is in the western Upper Peninsula in Gogebic (Go-GEY’-bic) County, 18 miles south of Lake Superior.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19