FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) — Police in northern Virginia says a man is dead of an apparent self-inflected gunshot wound after reports of a shooting led to the evacuation of an office building. No one else was hurt.
Fairfax County Police Chief Edwin Roessler said at a news conference that the department received several 911 calls reporting a shooting at a building in Falls Church just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Roessler says officers evacuated the building, which houses a daycare center. He says police found a man dead of a gunshot wound in a fourth-floor law office.
The chief says it’s not known if the man shot at anyone.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea