PICHER, Okla. (AP) — One man has died and 11 others were injured after a Jeep Cherokee with three people car surfing on the roof swerved off an Oklahoma road and crashed.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says 27-year-old Bryan Mitchel McGuirk of Miami, Oklahoma, died Saturday evening in Tulsa of injuries sustained in the accident Friday. He was riding on the roof and was ejected 20 feet.
Also on the roof were 27-year-old Adrian Diane Ellison and 20-year-old Brandon Carter, both from Columbus, Kansas. Ellison was ejected 100 feet and is hospitalized in fair condition. Carter was treated and released.
The trooper’s report says that there were 9 others in the vehicle. The vehicle swerved off a gravel road into a ditch, grazed a tree and struck another tree before landing on its top.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them