ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Police in Greece say that an altercation among at least 10 Afghan migrants on the Greek island of Lesbos has left one person dead and three others injured.
A local police spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, said that the cause of the clash wasn’t immediately known.
The incident took place Sunday at a house near the Moria refugee camp, which some of the Afghans rented.
According to official data from last week, more than 8,500 refugees and other migrants are staying on Lesbos pending processing of their cases, with 6,600 staying in camps designed to accommodate 2,300.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events