HAHNVILLE, La. (AP) — Louisiana State Police say a 59-year-old man died when his small sedan hit a pickup truck that had crossed the median of U.S. 90 and was rotating in the westbound lanes.
Trooper Melissa Matey says in a news release that Brent Petit of Luling was killed and at least two other drivers suffered minor injuries in the six-vehicle wreck Wednesday evening in St. Charles Parish.
She says 51-year-old Reginal Haywood of Avondale lost control of his 2008 GMC Sierra, which crossed the grassy median, which collided with another pickup, Petit’s 2016 Nissan Sentra, and three more vehicles.
Two drivers were unhurt and two suffered minor injuries. It wasn’t immediately known whether Haywood was injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Matey says no one has been cited in the wreck, and the investigation is continuing.