NORWICH, Conn. (AP) — Police say one person has died in an early morning wreck on a Connecticut interstate highway.
State police say 51-year-old Johann Liebig Jr, of Norwich, tried to pass another vehicle on Interstate 395 in Norwich just after midnight Tuesday, but struck the other vehicle sending them both off the road and into the woods.
Liebig’s car struck a tree and he was pronounced dead. Police say he was not wearing a seat belt.
The driver of the other car, a 19-year-old Plainfield woman, was not injured and her vehicle came to a rest without hitting any trees.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
The crash remains under investigation.