HAZLEHURST, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man has been killed and seven people were injured in a nightclub shooting in southwest Mississippi.
Hazlehurst Police Chief Byron Swilley told news outlets that 26-year-old Jonathan Miller was shot to death at Tootsie’s Spot around 2:53 a.m. Sunday. Police are searching for 23-year-old Dariendejuan “Daquan” Fells and 21-year-old Odarius Black in the shooting.
Both suspects are accused of “recklessly” firing eight shots in the building.
Swilley says one person is still in stable condition while the six others have been released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.
Police say Fells and Black will be charged with murder and seven counts of aggravated assault. Police believe the shooting stemmed from a fight, but the exact motive is still undetermined.