BERLIN (AP) — Zurich police say a tour bus on its way to Germany has crashed in Switzerland, killing one person and injuring 44 others.
The dpa news agency reported Sunday that bus traveling to Duesseldorf from Genoa in Italy crashed at 4:15 a.m. south of Zurich, a city in northern Switzerland that is the country’s financial hub.
Zurich canton (state) police say the bus went into a skid on the snowy road and crashed into a wall.
They said one woman, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed and three people, including the driver, have serious injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- AG Barr: Mueller finds no Trump-Russia conspiracy but stops short of exonerating president on obstruction
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Poisonous toads infest suburban Florida neighborhood
- Pakistan sentences Czech model to 8 years on drug charge
Switzerland’s 20 Minuten news site quoted authorities saying the woman who died was 37-years-old and Italian.
This story has been corrected to show bus departed from Genoa, not Geneva.