BERLIN (AP) — Zurich police say a tour bus on its way to Germany has crashed in Switzerland, killing one person and injuring 44 others.
The dpa news agency reported Sunday that bus traveling to Duesseldorf from Genoa in Italy crashed at 4:15 a.m. south of Zurich, a city in northern Switzerland that is the country’s financial hub.
Zurich canton (state) police say the bus went into a skid on the snowy road and crashed into a wall.
They said one woman, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed and three people, including the driver, have serious injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
Switzerland’s 20 Minuten news site quoted authorities saying the woman who died was 37-years-old and Italian.
This story has been corrected to show bus departed from Genoa, not Geneva.