BERLIN (AP) — Zurich police say a tour bus on its way to Germany has crashed in Switzerland, killing one person and injuring 44 others.
The dpa news agency reported Sunday that bus traveling to Duesseldorf from Genoa in Italy crashed at 4:15 a.m. south of Zurich, a city in northern Switzerland that is the country’s financial hub.
Zurich canton (state) police say the bus went into a skid on the snowy road and crashed into a wall.
They said one woman, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed and three people, including the driver, have serious injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
Switzerland’s 20 Minuten news site quoted authorities saying the woman who died was 37-years-old and Italian.
This story has been corrected to show bus departed from Genoa, not Geneva.