TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured during a tree trimming accident on Tuesday.
Cassia County Detective Kevin Horak told The Times-News that 28-year-old Corbin Bowers was killed and 26-year-old Emmett Koyle was hospitalized in critical condition for his injuries.
The two men from Burley were trimming a tree near the community of Jackson when the accident occurred. Horak said the two were in the bucket of a bucket truck about 60 feet above the ground when they tied off a large branch to the bucket. Horak said the branch was so heavy that when they cut it from the tree, it pulled the bucket to the ground.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- More than 1,000 TSA employees have tested positive for coronavirus
- No peeking, voters: Court keeps Trump taxes private for now VIEW
- Growing chorus pushes for renewed coronavirus shutdown orders
- Former football star dived, caught a child dropped from a burning building
- Volunteers can now sign up for large coronavirus vaccine studies
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com