TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured during a tree trimming accident on Tuesday.
Cassia County Detective Kevin Horak told The Times-News that 28-year-old Corbin Bowers was killed and 26-year-old Emmett Koyle was hospitalized in critical condition for his injuries.
The two men from Burley were trimming a tree near the community of Jackson when the accident occurred. Horak said the two were in the bucket of a bucket truck about 60 feet above the ground when they tied off a large branch to the bucket. Horak said the branch was so heavy that when they cut it from the tree, it pulled the bucket to the ground.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- New Zealand just banned military-style firearms. Here's why the U.S. can't.
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com