TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured during a tree trimming accident on Tuesday.
Cassia County Detective Kevin Horak told The Times-News that 28-year-old Corbin Bowers was killed and 26-year-old Emmett Koyle was hospitalized in critical condition for his injuries.
The two men from Burley were trimming a tree near the community of Jackson when the accident occurred. Horak said the two were in the bucket of a bucket truck about 60 feet above the ground when they tied off a large branch to the bucket. Horak said the branch was so heavy that when they cut it from the tree, it pulled the bucket to the ground.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to prepare for coronavirus in the U.S. (Spoiler: Not sick? No need to buy any masks.)
- Health officials warn of coronavirus outbreaks in the U.S. not 'if,' but 'when'
- Debate takeaways: Bernie bruised but not broken VIEW
- Trump urges calm even as US reports worrisome new virus case VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com