TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured during a tree trimming accident on Tuesday.
Cassia County Detective Kevin Horak told The Times-News that 28-year-old Corbin Bowers was killed and 26-year-old Emmett Koyle was hospitalized in critical condition for his injuries.
The two men from Burley were trimming a tree near the community of Jackson when the accident occurred. Horak said the two were in the bucket of a bucket truck about 60 feet above the ground when they tied off a large branch to the bucket. Horak said the branch was so heavy that when they cut it from the tree, it pulled the bucket to the ground.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Wray says FBI has recorded about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in fiscal 2019, many involving white supremacy
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Your election guide to every 2020 presidential candidate, comparing policy positions
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com