BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a Massachusetts shooting that killed one person and sent a second to the hospital.
Police and fire officials responded to reports of shots fired at the Madrid Square Condos in Brockton shortly after midnight.
The Plymouth County District Attorney’s office says no arrests have been made and identified the deceased victim as 31-year-old Jamari Leblanc of Brockton.
The second person is not identified and is being treated at Good Samaritan Medical Center with unspecified injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Brockton police and the DA’s office continue to investigate the shooting.
Brockton is approximately 25 miles southeast of Boston.